Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'm Back!!!!

Forgot to post yesterday. Sorry!

Had a great week in AR last week. To begin, we closed on our house last Friday with no problems. I spent some time in the house Friday afternoon and Saturday and it looks great. The sellers were great people. I actually got to meet them. They planted a bunch of flowers around the house before they moved. Not that I really care about flowers, because I really don't, but it was very nice of them to do so and exemplifies the type of people they are (they didn't have to do it) and how much they cared for the house.

It is the closest thing to spotless that a 5 year old house can be. Sure, there are a couple of spots on the walls you could look at and say, "I might touch that up" but those are VERY minor and, truth be told, you could move into the house and not do anything to it and feel good about showing it off.

I was very pleased.

Got to spend a lot of time with friends while I was there. Between staying up late with my cousin and her new husband on Monday, staying up late with Chad and Paul on Tuesday, driving to Fayetteville on Wednesday to have lunch with an old professor of mine and then "commisserating" with another old professor and Steven, I was so dadgum tired driving home I had to stop in Alma and spend the night. I'm getting old, but that was $50 well spent.

I also got to eat some good food and see family. On Monday, Grandparents V and C, my aunt, cousin, and grandmother all ate BBQ at Whole Hog Cafe. Good stuff!! Friday night I got to see friends of my parents who helped raise me and ate at Buffalo Grill. I considered getting a cheeseburger but settled on a chicken sandwich. Gotta watch my weight for the marathon training, you know? I probably should have been a little more disciplined those nights I stayed up late as well, but you know how that goes.

Speaking of marathon training, I didn't run all week. This is not TOO much of a problem as it was a "rest" week (i.e. 3 miles a day for 4 days) but I ran 5 on Sunday when I got back and felt good. The schedule has now progressed into a couple of weeks where I run 5 days. Gotta do 3 today, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I need to work on my speed some as I have been averaging about 12-13 minute miles. Clay called me on Sunday and said he just completed 9 miles (HE'S AHEAD OF SCHEDULE...THE CHEATER!!!) and ran some of them at 8 - 8.5 minute miles. So, I'm going to spend these next few 3 mile days trying to run as fast as I can. Should be fun (sarcasm). I'm known for a few things, but speed is not one of them.

Anyway, no hiccups in the closing process. Got to see a lot of good friends. Have to get back to running. We're ready to move home. I am having a hard time getting motivated to work but have a lot to do. That's it in a nutshell.

Pappa

No comments: