Friday, January 26, 2007

Well, I'm now finally supporting a family

It's only taken me 30 years to get to a point in my life where I'm actually supporting others (financially anyway, not that I've provided a lot of emotional support to too many folks).

When I graduated I was awarded a post-doctoral position for the spring semester. While the pay certainly isn't going to allow me to take any trips to the Caribbean [sitting at a beach bar, with no clouds, and sipping (read: guzzling) a cool, cool, Red Stripe (or 20) sounds really good right now] it is WAY more than I've ever made in my life. Considering that I only worked for a couple of years in the trucking industry after college, I suppose that isn't saying much. No really. It's not saying much. However, I'm proud of it.

Primarily I'm proud of it b/c I'm supporting my family. Mamma has informed her (former) employer that she will not be returning. Considering said former employer sucks hind tit, it was quite surprising that they were very classy about the whole situation. Mamma took Junior in with her. It's hard to be an ass with a baby around I suppose. Then again, some folks are capable of anything they set their minds to.

Despite the fact that this former employer suckles (note: is suckle the root word of "suck"?) rear boobie (get it: sucks hind tit...Ha! I kill me!), they were kind enough to provide Mamma with a good job for a number of years and, for that, we're appreciative.

However, now that I'm the breadwinner, Mamma better get in the kitchen and fix me some pot pie!

(If you heard that noise, that was Mamma smacking the back of my head.)

No comments: