Sunday, January 28, 2007

Movie Review

When you live in MI and are not into winter sports, you have to find something to do on these cold, cloudy, snowy weekend days.

Pt #1: If we were going to stay up here, I'd get into winter sports.
Pt #2: If I had had more time while I was up here, I'd have gotten into winter sports.
Pt #3: The winter sport I would most like to have gotten into is ice fishing.

"ICE FISHING?!?!?!?!?" You might say. Yes. Ice fishing. I'm not a high tech fisherman and I haven't even been fishing in YEARS but I would get into ice fishing. Why? You put up a shack out on the ice, put a heater in the shack (as stupid as that sounds), get your snoopy pole (not really...but the poles look like the snoopy poles kids have...in terms of their length anyway), and listen to the radio, watch TV, whatever you have your shack rigged up for. If you choose to imbibe, well that's your perogative.

This reminds me of one of the best movies of all time: "Grumpy Old Men." There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, funnier than old kermudgens hazing each other. The 2nd installation of "Grumpy Old Men," appropriately titled "Grumpier Ole Men," was pretty derned good as well. I might have to put a post up with nothing but quotes from those movies. They're classic.

Anyway, since I didn't get into ice fishing, and Mamma would probably kick my rear if I left her alone with Junior on the weekend while he's at this age, we rented a movie to watch yesterday.

The movie we rented is called, "The Illusionist" and stars Ed Norton, Jessica Biel, and Paul Giamatti. I had to look those up on the movie website so I sound like a halfway competent movie reviewer.

Ed Norton plays this magician/illusionist in 18th century Vienna. Jessica Biel is pretty derned hot. Paul Giamatti, well, I couldn't stop thinking about his character in "Sideways" at first, but I eventually managed to and he did a good job.

I'm no acting conoseur, I'm not even completely sure I spelled conoseur right and I don't really care enough to look it up, but good acting in this movie and GREAT plot. I didn't see the ending coming. Mamma did but thankfully she didn't tell me about it as she usually does.

Ed Norton does a good job in all the stuff he's in.

Did I mention that Jessica Biel is pretty hot?

Go rent it. Oh yeah, one more thing. If you have any spare change, hire some paparazzi to follow Jessica Biel around until she goes to a nude beach. KIDDING!!



(sort of)

No comments: