Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Hogs Won!!!

I admit I was wrong. However, I stand by my original feeling that the Hogs WILL NOT win tomorrow.

Stan needs to win 3 games to make the tournament. If Stan makes the tournament, Stan keeps his job.

I will never root against the Hogs but I think that if they make the tournament this year, and Stan keeps his job, I think that's bad for the program long-term.

Think Nolan Richardson 2000 (I think it was 2000). Nolan was (believe it or not) about to get fired in 2000 until he won the SEC tournament and made it to the NCAA tournament. I think we then lost in the first round and Nolan continued to drive the program into the ground.

I don't think Stan would intentionally drive the program into the ground but his teams play with no heart for most of the year and that will lead to continued losses and him getting fired eventually. Getting to the tournament this year only delays the inevitable.

I won't root against the Hogs but I hope the best thing happens for long-term benefit of the program.

No comments: