Saturday, March 10, 2007

First Nice Meal With Junior in Tow

A couple of weeks ago I proctored some exams for a professor up here. He didn't have to do this but, in return for proctoring these exams, he gave me dinner for two at the "U Club".

The U Club is a university sponsored (or at least affiliated) country club type thing. Mamma and I went there for dinner tonight and I've gotta tell you, it was pretty swanky. Great food! I had some tomato/crab dip, shimp bisque, a filet, and some turtle cake. Mamma had some thai chicken lettuce wraps, french onion soup, cashew chicken and some cheesecake. Everything was AWESOME except for the cashew chicken and it wasn't bad. Just a little bland.

Anyway, Mamma and I decided that we would try to take Junior with us tonight when we went. This is quite a risk b/c our reservations were for 6 PM and Junior starts getting sleepy (read: cranky) at 7 PM....but we conveniently forgot about that.

Things worked out great though. Junior did start getting a little cranky at 7 PM (almost to the minute) but we picked him up and he was fine. Then he fell asleep in Mamma's arms and slept through the rest of the meal.

One lady stopped at our table and was amazed at how quiet Junior was being. She said that she and her husband had just had their first enjoyable meal IN 6 YEARS with their kids present. Junior's a good little feller. He laughed louder during the meal than he fussed when he did get cranky. Hard to complain.

On another note: The marathon training starts tomorrow (Sunday). 3 miles. I don't know if I'll be able to run the entire 3 miles but I'm going to travel 3 miles on foot at one speed or another. I'm sure I'll feel like a "pre-owned" diaper afterward.

On another another note: The SEC Championship is at 1 PM EST. Tune in.

No comments: