Friday, March 30, 2007

This Blog Thing

This blog has now gotten 2,000 hits and 100 posts. Hard to believe that I have 100 posts worth of crap to throw out there.

Junior is doing very well. Mamma, Junior, and I went out to eat last night at Outback. First, let me say that I didn't really want to go to Outback that often in the past b/c there were so few things on their menu I was interested in. Their appetizers were very limited. Their salads were overpriced. However, the Outback Special, which consists of an 8 ounce steak (11 ounce if you want to pay a few bucks more) and a side or two, is only $12! That's a derned good deal so I always get that but there's just so many times you can eat the same steak cooked the same way.

Now, Outback has changed their menu and they have a wider variety of appetizers. That'll bring me back more often! We had cheese fries last night for an appetizer. The thought of cheese fries always reminds me of high school when some kids would get that processed government cheese and dump it all over a plate of cafeteria fries. Well, let me tell you, the cheese fries at Outback are AWESOME. Think potato boats but instead of potatoes, fries. Really good!

That, an Outback Special, a bowl of french onion soup (I'm willing to put aside my hatred of the French so I can eath their onion soup...could we rename it "Freedom onion soup"?....kind of like Freedom fries?) and I was STUFFED. Not stuffed enough that I didn't decide to stop by the local dairy bar and get a large banana shake.

That was a mistake. I think I was more full last night than I've been in YEARS! MISERABLE! I had to go lay down in bed at 8 PM and just let my stomach settle. Again, MISERABLE!

Anyway, Junior did really well at the restaurant like he always does. He's a quiet little baby. Just sits there and looks around taking in the scenery. We were really proud of him and always get compliments about how good he is. We know that, of course!

Now here's the bad news: Due to the fact that I will be a state employee soon (I guess I am now but I'm really more like a federal employee), I won't have tenure for another 6 years (hopefully it will happen in 6!!!), and I have a tendency to run my mouth, this blog will be shut down when we move home in a couple of months. Thanks to all of you for reading and I will continue posting most days until we move in late May, but I have a hard time controlling my mouth/keyboard and I recognize my limitations. So, in the interest of not putting anything in print that would get me fired, this whole blogging thing will come to an end around the time we move.

Thanks again to all of you and hope this doesn't cause you any undue distress.

Take care,

Pappa

1 comment:

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Awww...you'll be missed.