Friday, March 2, 2007

Wally Hall is a Freaking Idiot!

I cannot stand Wally Hall. Haven't liked him for years. However, his article today was low down. Specifically, the two following quotes:

Quote 1:
"Patrick Beverley is one of the most exciting freshmen in the SEC and overall a nice young man, but he needs to spendmore time in his English class and less time learning how to spin the truth.

"After the victory over Mississippi State he said: “Ain’t nobody going nowhere because we’re going to the NCAA Tournament. The media’s putting so much pressure on us, y’all making us tight.”"

Quote 2:
"The pro-Razorbacks crowd celebrated the appointment of John Tyson to the UA board of trustees Wednesday.

"Apparently, they feel he will not be swayed by the pro-Houston Nutt group."

Nobody is arguing that Patrick Beverley's use of the English lanugage is proper. I just think it is downright REPREHENSIBLE for a grown man (if you consider 5' tall grown) who happens to be the "sports editor" of the largest paper in the state to degrade an 18 year old kid in this manner.

Further, simply because Nutt called Wally out for his lies on the radio, does not mean that the rest of the state is either pro-Razorback OR pro-Houston Nutt. Wally is neither.

The sad part is that many people turn to Smally Balls for "inside" information. You want the facts: Wally doesn't attend football practices. Wally attends very few football games. WALLY DOES NOT HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION! Wally doesn't go to the Broyles Center and talk to coaches. The coaches won't talk to him. Wally isn't respected by his peers.

Wally is also the next best thing to illiterate when it comes to writing. Have you ever tried to read one of his columns? They are usually a string of one sentence paragraphs. If one is unable to put together a coherent paragraph/thought, one should not be a journalist...and Wally is not.

We're obviously returning home in about 3 months. There are several things I look forward to with regard to returning to Arkansas. Outside of the big things, like family and friends, I was looking forward to several little things. For example, I cannot wait to put an Arkansas license plate back on my vehicle. It's a little thing, but it really sank in that I was about to spend 4 years (that turned into 5) in MI when I removed my old Arkansas plate and replaced it with a Michigan plate.

Another little thing I was truly looking forward to was subscribing to the Democrat-Gazette. I have read that paper online EVERY DAY since I've been in MI. In college and graduate school I would look forward to waking up every morning so I could go get the paper, sit, and drink coffee while reading it.

Well, I'm going to sacrifice that pleasure until Wally Hall is gone. I'm not going to contribute my hard-earned money to a paper that employs a lieing charlatain who degrades young people.

In fact, I called the circulation director of the AR DEM GAZ to let him know how much I was looking forward to subscribing to the paper upon my return but that I would not be doing so because of Mr. Hall.

Looks like I'll be subscribing to the Log Cabin Democrat and looking forward to the day when Wally is no longer employed by the Democrat-Gazette. This time can come none too soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Subscibe to the Maumelle Monitor. Weekly news covering the Marche, Oak Grove, Levy, and Maumelle metro!