Saturday, March 10, 2007

Stan May Have Just Saved His Job

Congratulations to Stan Heath and the Hogs!!!!

I think the odds are pretty good that the Hogs make the tournament now. Florida HAS to beat Ole Miss, and some other games have to work out as they should, but I think the Hogs might get in albeit with a pretty crappy seed.

This may go without saying, but I didn't think they had it in 'em. Where did this team come from?!?!? They played with some grit, hustle, and determination. They always had the talent. They just rarely played with the hard-nosed effort that it takes. I'm impressed.

Now, I really don't think that the Hogs beat Florida tomorrow (assuming FL wins). However, if they put on a good show I think that the odds are close to 100% that they make the tournament.

The most frusterating thing is that this team should have RUN AWAY with the Western Division.

Nobody ever argued with Stan Heath the person. It's just Stan Heath the motivator/coach that people were frusterated with.

What's going to be interesting is if the Hogs make the tournament, and lose in the first round AGAIN, does Stan keep his job? Only the powers that be know that answer.

None of that is important right now. What's important is that the Hogs showed up these last couple of weeks and no true Hog fan out there ever WANTED them to lose. They might have wanted a new coach. I know I did/do. But they never wanted the team to lose.

I wish Stan nothing but the best and hope he can find a way to keep his job IF he can get the team to play at a high level of intensity during the regular season.

Go Hogs!!! Beat FL/Ole Piss!!!!

No comments: