Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Junior Sleeping

Sappy post warning...

I generally wake up WAY too early every morning. Like, around 4-5 AM. Don't know why except for this trait seems to run in my family...Actually, given that, I guess I do know why.

I've actually come to enjoy getting up that early. The world is quiet and it's a very productive time to be at work.

Every morning I go to the nursery and shut the door so I don't wake Junior up as I'm getting ready.

Mamma asked me last night before we went to sleep if I told Junior that I love him when I go in. I told her that I didn't but I did check on him to make sure he was OK.

This got me thinking and I decided that I would take a little time out of my morning every day to sit and look at Junior sleeping before I leave. I did that this morning.

There can be no more peaceful creature on Earth than a sleeping baby. I stood there and watched him for a while. He sometimes sleeps with his eyes open and has this blank stare on his face all the time staring right at you. I wondered if he recognized me in his sleep but know that he's probably having visions of formula bottles racing through his head.

I told Mamma the other day that the love I have for her is similar to the love I have for Junior. There's always this base level of love I feel for her but sometimes I look at her and realize how happy I am to have such an incredible woman to share my life with. At those times I love her even more.

The same thing applies to Junior. I always have a base level of love for him but at times like this morning I realize how happy I am to have him as a son, how blessed we are that he is healthy, and how much I love him. I told him that I love him this morning and, truly, there was no better use of my time.

No comments: